Creating an animated GIF banner is a great way to capture the attention of viewers in a matter of seconds. There are many different file formats that can be used, and the built-in library of templates and objects is extensive and varied. Photoshop is a popular choice for creating GIFs, as it is quick and easy to use with built-in tools for manipulating and animating images. However, there are other options available, such as Creatopy, which offers the possibility to work with a timeline of your animation in a pattern similar to that of Photoshop.
Additionally, there are many different online banner editors that have the ability to create animations for your banners. When creating an animated banner, it is important to keep in mind that a normal user sees hundreds of ads daily and you will have to attract that user's attention in a few seconds. Therefore, it is important to choose between static and animated banners, as well as between GIF and HTML5. A GIF, or “Graphics Interchange Format”, is a compressed image file format that allows animation. HTML5 banners load like regular ads but consist of images and lines of code that specify its parameters, such as time, animations, transitions, etc. To create an animated GIF banner, browse our templates or design one from scratch by selecting a predefined size from our library.
Then use the Smart Resizer to get multiple size variants of your original design compatible with Google Ads requirements. Once you have chosen the format you want to use, follow these steps:
- Open Photoshop and select “Create New” from the File menu.
- Choose the size of your banner.
- Create your design using the tools available in Photoshop.
- Go to the “Window” menu and select “Timeline”.
- Click on “Create Frame Animation”.
- Add frames to your animation by clicking on the “Duplicate Selected Frames” button.
- Edit each frame by adding or removing elements.
- Adjust the timing of each frame by clicking on the drop-down menu next to each frame.
- Save your animation as a GIF file.